Population of Annapolis 2020: (Capital City of Maryland)

Annapolis is an important city in Maryland State as it happens to be the capital city. It is near Baltimore and the city was founded in the year 1649 and was not included until 1708.

The Maryland State House is the oldest in terms of continuous legislative use in the country. The construction began in the year 1772 and it is the largest wooden dome made without nails in the United States.

Population of Annapolis 2020

 

The climatic conditions over here in Annapolis are quite typical to most of the cities with hot summers and generally cool winters.

Population of Annapolis in 2020:

To get the actual population of Annapolis in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –39,474
  2. 2016 – 39,706,
  3. 2017 – 39,954
  4. 2018 – 40,224
  5. 2019 – 40,507.4

After going through the data figures from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Annapolis has gone up by 1033.4 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population increases by 206.68. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 40,507.4 + 206.68 = 40,714.08. To conclude, the population of Annapolis in 2020 as per estimates = 40,714.08.

Demography of Annapolis:

In terms of racial numbers, 64% are White, 22% Black, 2% Asian, 1% Native American, and others make up the remainder of the population.

37.4 years is the median age in the city with a sex ratio of 50.8% females and 49.2% males. English is spoken mostly over here with 80% speakers, while the other 20% speak different languages with Spanish being mostly the second most spoken language in the city.

Population Density and Growth of Annapolis:

Annapolis has a population density of 2106 persons per square kilometer. Population growth in the past for the city was higher as compared to the current scenario. At present, the city is going through a moderate population growth rate but as per estimates, things might be changing soon. It is expected that the population growth of the city will go a notch higher in the years to come.

Facts About Annapolis:

  1. The Annapolis Crab Feast takes place in the Navy-Marine Memorial Stadium. A large number of Crabs can be seen here and it is said that about 4 million crabs are cracked over here annually. This is certainly a whopping number of crabs.
  2. The city was founded in the year 1649 and it was known as Providence. Later on, after years, the name of the city was changed to Annapolis in honor of Princess Anne, the future queen of England.
  3. It is the place where George Washington resigned as commander in chief of the Army after the Revolutionary War. The Treaty of Paris was also ratified in Annapolis in the year 1784.
  4. During the early days of the city, it was also referred to as the Athens of America. There were many things that one could find here, ranging from gracious hospitality, cultural activities, and others. The little seaport over here brought in a large number of people from around the world who enjoyed every part of the city and also its amazing food with its scenic views.
  5. Currently, the city of Annapolis has numerous 18th-century structures which are more in number as compared to any other city in the country. Most of them are completely opened for the public to let them get a glimpse of the fantastic architectural design that gives a lot of information about the past of the city.