Population of Baltimore 2020: (Largest City of Maryland)

Baltimore city is the largest in the state of Maryland. It also has the 2nd largest seaport in the Mid Atlantic. The city has the title of having the most number of monuments and statues than any other city in the country and nearly 33% of the buildings over here are historic in the National Register than any city in the United States.

Population of Baltimore 2020

The best part about Baltimore is that throughout the corners of the city you’ll find different architectural designs of buildings from different eras and that makes it a tad more appealing as a city. Therefore, there are many places of interest to checkout.

Population of Baltimore in 2020:

To get the actual population of Baltimore in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –621,849
  2. 2016 – 622,027
  3. 2017 – 622,197
  4. 2018 – 622,371
  5. 2019 – 622,455.2

After going through the data figures from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Baltimore has gone up by 606.2 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 121.24. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 622,455.2 + 121.24 = 622,576.44. To conclude, the population of Baltimore in 2020 as per estimates = 622,576.44.

Demography of Baltimore:

In terms of racial numbers, 63% are Black, 31% White, 3% Asian, 1% Native American, and others make up the rest of the numbers in the city. The median age in Baltimore is 35 years with a sex ratio of 53% females and 47% males.

90% of the population speaks English, while the other 10% speak various languages including Spanish.

Population Density and Growth of Baltimore:

Baltimore has a population density of 2917 persons per square kilometer. It has been difficult for the city to gain population in the past but somehow the current scenario has changed with decent population growth.

It is estimated that the population will keep growing at a similar pace for a few years until it gets a higher amount of population growth.

Facts About Baltimore:

  1. Many people might know this fact about the city, but the first-ever Umbrella factory in the U.S. was in Baltimore in the year 1828.
  2. Entrepreneur, John Hopkins founded the first-ever research university in the United States in the city of Baltimore in 1876. The university now bears his name and it is the largest employer of the state.
  3. The Inner Harbor in the city is where the National Aquarium is and it is known to be the very first public aquarium in the United States. There are about 20,000 fishes, reptiles, birds, and amphibians.You should give this place a try once you are in the city of Baltimore.
  4. Baltimore city was established in the year 1729 and it was a bustling seaport for shipping grain and tobacco. During the outbreak of the American Revolution, it was a shipbuilding center and also a well-known seaport.
  5. There are several attractions within the city of Baltimore, ranging from the National Aquarium, Oriole Park, Inner Harbor and many more. It depends upon you what you want to know about the city. The lifestyle over here is quite different from what you witness in other bustling cities like New York or Los Angeles but you will surely get worth your bucks while roaming around the city.

Also, the public markets in Baltimore are a must-visit since you get the specialty of everything that the city has to offer for you with its unique antique collections and food.