Population of Billings 2020: (Largest City of Montana)

Billings is a city in the state of Montana and also is the largest within the state. The city of Billings has been under human inhabitation for a long time, and it is found out the first-ever known inhabitants out here were the Crow Indians that lived here from the 1700s.

Population of Billings 2020

Billings was established in the year 1882 with a few shops and a small town but in a year, there was lots of development with the population jumping to around 1,000 people living in the city.

It is full of scenic attractions with its stunning picturesque locations.

Population of Billings in 2020:

To find out the population of Billings in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –110,263
  2. 2016 – 111,463
  3. 2017 – 112,657
  4. 2018 – 113,857
  5. 2019 – 114,582.4

After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is known that the population of Billings has grown further by 4319.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 863.88. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 114,582.4 + 863.88 = 115,446.28. As per the conclusion, the population of Billings in 2020 as per estimates = 115,446.28.

Demography of Billings:

Billings comprise of 90% White people, 5% Native American, 1% Black, 0.5% Asian, and others make up the remaining numbers.

37 years is the median age in Billings with a sex ratio of 51% females and 49% males.

97% of the people in Billings speak English with the other 3% converses in different native languages.

Population Density and Growth of Billings:

920 persons per square kilometer are the population density of Billings. The city has had a fair share of decent population growth throughout its years. At the time when the city was founded in the year 1870, there were hardly about 150 people living in the city. The numbers went up as years passed and currently it going strong with a decent annual population growth rate each year.

It is expected that the city will have better population growth in a few years from now.

Facts About Billings:

  1. There is a strange law in the city that prohibits you from keeping a rat as a pet in the city.
  2. Education is an important aspect of the city. There are numerous educational institutes in the form of several well-known colleges and it also has the largest public school system in the whole of Montana. It is evident to say that the city is certainly on the highly educated side.
  3. It has more of an extreme climatic condition with temperatures touching almost 38 degrees Celsius during the summer months and about – 17 in winter. So, you can well imagine how unpredictable it can be and the locals are usually used to it. Be sure to bring in extra pieces of warm clothes in case you are visiting Billing during the wintertime.
  4. By the state of the 21st century, the city of Billings started to witness developments and forming of headquarters of many organizations. This led to a much stronger economy for the city and Montana as a whole.
  5. The city is prone to Tornadoes with Billings facing the consequence in the year 1958. It is kind of accustomed to such Tornado’s as it keeps hitting the city regularly. The heavy storms are also a regular within the city with its speed touching almost 30 miles per hour mark, which can cause quite a lot of destruction to the city.