Bismarck city is the capital of North Dakota State. In the year 2017, it was ranked as the 7th fastest-growing small city in the country according to Forbes Magazine. It was founded in the year 1872 by Europeans and it has been the capital of the state since 1889.
The city is a retail and health care hub with its being the economic center of the state of North Dakota. It is one of the major contributors to the state as a whole. Additionally, the serene views and its quiet surroundings make it a very unique and mesmerizing city in the United States.
Population of Bismarck in 2020:
To find out the population of Bismarck in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –69,842
- 2016 –72,417
- 2017 – 74,274
- 2018 – 76,136
- 2019 – 77,675.6
While checking the population from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Bismarck has gone up by 7833.6 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 1566.72. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 77,675.6 + 1566.72 = 79,242.32. To conclude, the population of Bismarck in 2020 as per estimates = 79,242.32.
Demography of Bismarck:
As per racial numbers, 91% are White, 4% Native American, 2% Black, 1% Asian, and others make up the rest.
37 years is the median age in the city with a sex ratio of 51% females and 49% males. 95% of the population speaks English, while the remainder of the population speaks different European languages.
Population Density and Growth of Bismarck:
Bismarck has a population density of 760 persons per square kilometer. It has never had a problem regarding population growth as since its early years the city has been experiencing decent population growth. Since the last census in the year 2010, Bismarck city has grown by almost 18%, which is incredible for a small city.
Facts About Bismarck:
- The city has been inhabited for many long years with various tribes taking control of the area. But, the Mandan Native American Tribe was stationed here for the longest time. They would go hunting and fishing in groups and have a bonfire feast by evening.
- One amazing thing that the city offers you is the abundance of parks and trails, which means; you can go for a session of hiking, play golf or just ride around in your bike to roam about Bismarck.
- The North Dakota State Capitol is the tallest building in all over North Dakota. It is placed in the central part of the city of Bismarck. It is one of the most iconic attractions which bring in many visitors to catch a glimpse of this tall beauty.
- Bismarck is well known for its top-quality healthcare with two of its main hospitals serving people for a very long time in the form of the Sanford Health and St. Alexius Medical Center. Additionally, since it is a hub of health care, people from other parts of the United States visit here for treatment.
- Apart from being a retail center, healthcare hub and so on, it has a lot on offer for tourists. Either it can be outdoor activities like Hiking and Mountain Biking, shopping in the downtown area of the city to trying out the local Bismarck food; it can be a complete joy in visiting this part of the United States as not just variety but the city has a charm of its own.