Boise as a city is the largest and the capital of the state of Idaho. During the time of the 80s, numerous refugees settled in here from Southeast Asia and East Europe due to issues in their own country during that time.
The downtown area of the city comprises of numerous small businesses and also happens to be the cultural center of the city with great nightlife.
People over here are friendly and enjoy a great taste in music. Also, several companies have their headquarters based in the city of Boise.
Population of Boise in 2020:
To find out the population of Boise in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –217,556
- 2016 – 223,154
- 2017 – 226,067
- 2018 – 228,976
- 2019 – 231,592
After looking at the data figures from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Boise jumped by 14,036 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population goes up by 2807.2. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 231,592 + 2807.2 = 234,399.2. To conclude, the population of Boise in 2020 as per estimates = 234,399.2.
Demography of Boise:
As per racial figures of the city, 88% are white, 4% Asian, 2% Black, Native American 1%, and others 5%.
The average median age over here is 36 years with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males. The average family size is 3.15 and married individuals comprise of 44%.
English is the main language with about 90% speakers, while the others speak in French, Spanish, and other Asian languages.
Population Density and Growth of Boise:
Boise has a population density of 1049 persons per square kilometer. Boise is considered to be the 15th fastest growing city in the country with more number of people coming over here and boosting the economy. The city is growing three times faster as compared to other towns in the state of Idaho.
It is expected that Boise in the coming years will experience a much higher population growth as compared to what it is now.
Facts About Boise:
- The city takes all the advantage of it being a potato hub. While other cities do something colorful and sparkling on New Year’s Eve, the city of Idaho welcomes the New Year with a giant Potato in front of thousands of people on the street.
- Because of the great economy, safe roads, and a colorful community, the city was ranked 1st as per Time Magazine. If you make it to the top in Time Magazine, there’s something right the city is doing currently as compared to other cities in the United States.
- The city has this unique statue of Abraham Lincoln sitting the well known Julia Davis Park. With about 9 feet tall and the statue in a sitting posture on a bench which is about 11 feet long, is an attraction for many people in the city.
- The nightlife of Boise is extremely chill and you can enjoy thoroughly by checking out the famous pubs in the city that offer you unlimited entertainment. People are well-spoken and educated, so gelling with them shouldn’t be much of a problem in case you are new to the city.
- Boise has a warm and humid climate with temperatures that go around the 40 degree Celsius mark. Summers can be hotter than usual days and winters are just moderate over here as compared to other cities in the United States.