Charlotte as a city is the largest in the state of North Carolina, U.S. It is essentially a major commercial center and it also happens to be the 2nd biggest banking center in the United States.
Moreover, the international airport of the city is the 23rd busiest airport in the whole world.
The climate is mostly into the humid subtropical way and also the city comprises of two man-made lakes in the form of Mountain Island Lake and Lake Wylie.
It is also the city where NASCAR Races are held and attracts a large number of people to view the sporting event.
Population of Charlotte in 2020:
To find out the population of Charlotte in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 – 827,097
- 2016 – 846,231
- 2017 – 865,371
- 2018 – 884,509
- 2019 – 899,419.2
While checking the population from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Charlotte has gone up by 72,322.2 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 14,464.44. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 899,419.2 + 14,464.44 = 913,883.64. To conclude, the population of Charlotte in 2020 as per estimates = 913,883.64.
Demography of Charlotte:
50% are White, 35% Black, 8% Asian, 1% Native American, and others make up the remainder of the population. 34 years is the median age in the city with a sex ratio of 52.2% females and 47.8% males. English is the most commonly used language with 75% of people conversing in it, while others speak different native languages of their own.
Population Density and Growth of Charlotte:
Charlotte has a population density of 1092 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of the city is extremely good with an average of roughly 1.5% growth every year. Some of the reasons for healthy growth are ever-growing job opportunities and safe surroundings with low crime rates. These are some of the reasons why the city of Charlotte is growing at a rapid pace as per population figures.
Facts About Charlotte:
- The Carolina Panthers of the NFL have been playing the home games in the city of Charlotte since the year 1996. Currently, it is the solitary team within the league that is rather owned by an ex-player in the form of Jerry Richardson.
- The Metalmorphosis sculpture in the city is a 31 feet gigantic self-portrait located in the Whitehall Technology Park. It brings in a lot of people where people click pictures and take videos of it. It is one of the attractions of the city of Charlotte.
- Charlotte City is taking giant steps in going ahead of other cities in the country. It is currently just behind the city of New York as an economic hub and is the second-largest banking sector. Bank of America is located here as well as East Coast operations, giving the city a nickname in the form of Bank town.
- NASCAR Races are hell here in full swing with people flooding the stadium with passion and their vocal energy in cheering for their favorite. The issues lie in the fact that it isn’t that easy to get a ticket since mostly it is sold out in a jiffy of a time.
- In case you are wondering and thinking that it will be a spectacular Christmas in the city with full snow, this might not be the case at all. Charlotte City has received a decent amount of Snow just four times on Christmas days in the last 130 years.