Cheyenne is a city in the state of Wyoming. It is the capital city and the largest city in the state as well. In its past years, it was referred to as the Cow Creek Crossing and numerous Native Tribes used to live here.
The railroad started getting operational by the year 1867 and gradually the population of Cheyenne went on a rise.
The weather conditions are pleasant with a longer duration of winters, which can be quite cold. Summers, on the other hand, don’t go beyond 32-33 Degree Celsius in the city of Cheyenne.
Population of Cheyenne in 2020:
To know the exact population of Cheyenne in 2020, the population for the past 5 years needs to be checked. They are as per the following:
- 2015 –63,335
- 2016 –64,115
- 2017 –64,885
- 2018 – 65,659
- 2019 – 66,151.8
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Cheyenne has added up by 2816.8 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 563.36. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 66,151.8 + 563.36 = 66,715.16. As per the conclusion, the population of Cheyenne in 2020 as per estimates = 66,715.16.
Demography of Cheyenne:
The age group from 25-44 years consists of the largest age group in Cheyenne and about 24% are below the age of 18.
As per racial numbers, 88% are White, 3% Black, 2% Asian, 1% Native American, and other races make up the rest.
35 years is the median age in the city of Cheyenne with a sex ratio of 50% females and 50% males.
Population Density and Growth of Cheyenne:
The city of Cheyenne has a population density of 862 persons per square kilometer. The growth in terms of population has been moderate over the years with an annual population growth rate of just around 1%.
It is expected that the population growth of the city of Cheyenne will improve in a big way in the coming years.
Facts About Cheyenne:
- The Cheyenne Indians in the past loved riding on Horses. They were scattered all around the state of Wyoming and other states as well until the US government told them to move away and go to Oklahoma in the 1800s. Many of them fled to Montana and currently, there are two Cheyenne Tribes with one being in Montana and the other in Oklahoma.
- More than 100 trains pass through the city with passengers enjoying a breathtaking countryside view of Cheyenne.
- The start of the railroad in the city led to a lot of development with the latest styles of furniture, fashionable apparel, newspapers, magazines, and so on.This also led to many people from other parts of the country coming here as tourists, resulting in a boom in the tourism industry.
- There was a time during the 1800s when the city was considered the wealthiest city in all over the country and also the world away. Two reasons behind this were the cattle industry, which was booming and providing great support to the city and the other being the Gold Rush. The Gold Rush led to a huge number of people from far off places coming here to try their luck.
- Cheyenne has a lot on offer for those into nature and also into photography. Numerous places of interest are completely isolated and its views are stunning. During winters it does feel like paradise and it provides picturesque views for those into photography as well as those into taking some cinematic videos.