Population of Concord 2020: (Capital City of New Hampshire)

Concord as a city is the capital of the state of New Hampshire in the United States. It has numerous educational institutes around the city, starting from the University of New Hampshire, New Hampshire Law School, St. Paul’s School, and many more.

Population of Concord 2020

The current area of the city of Concord was inhabited by a Native American group, known as Penacook. They would mostly depend on fishing and hunting as per their favored activities.

The weather conditions can be extremely long and cold winters with some humid summers as well. Moreover, autumn and spring have a brief period in the city.

Population of Concord in 2020:

To find out the population of Concord in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –42,620
  2. 2016 – 42,602
  3. 2017 – 42,587
  4. 2018 – 42,572
  5. 2019 – 42,455.6

While checking the population from 2015-19; it shows that the population of Concord has declined by 164.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population decreases by 32.88. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 42,455.6 – 32.88 = 42,422.72. As per the conclusion, the population of Concord in 2020 as per estimates = 42,422.72.

Demography of Concord in 2020:

90% of the population is White, 5% Asian, 3% Black, and 1% Native American. The median age in Concord is 39 years with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males. 91% of the population in the city speaks English as the main language, while the other 9% speak different languages from around Europe and Asia.

Population Density and Growth of Concord:

Concord has a population density of 261 persons per square kilometer. Population growth over the years has been on the downward trend with a lack of people coming to this part of the country to settle in. Also, many of its locals are moving away to bigger cities for a better standard of living.

It is estimated that this population decline might continue for years until it gets a good enough population growth.

Facts About Concord:

  1. The city holds a unique world record in which an American Desi Northrup attended about 400 Bikram Yoga Classes in a year in 2013. This is certainly a record that is hard to beat.
  2. The solitary president of the United States from the state of New Hampshire lived in this city at the Pierce Manse. This resident as of now is maintained and well kept currently as an example of 19th-century lifestyle and architecture. It is also open to the public so that they can get a good glimpse of it.
  3. Concord does end up getting unique world records in its pocket. One of them is the Largest Meatball in the world. The chef of Nonni’s Italian Eatery, who happens to be the owner as well, prepared a 222-pound meatball. It was later donated to a nonprofit organization that serves the people in need of food. Strangely, after serving a lot of people in the city, the Eatery has been closed.
  4. Concord city came to be known as one of the main hubs for the manufacture of furniture and also a source for granite. This led to many people coming here from different parts of the country to buy furniture and helped in the city’s economy.
  5. The way of life has quite a bit of different in contrast to other cities in the United States. The city has more of a laidback style and peaceful, which you won’t find in cities like Los Angeles and New York.