Denver is a city located in the state of Colorado in the United States. The city holds the title of being both the largest city and also the capital.
There has been tremendous ongoing growth within the city as it ranks almost 11th out of all the other cities in terms of most number of additions of people.
The city of Denver was founded in the year 1858 during the Gold Rush in the area. As a city, it was linked to the other parts of the country by the year 1870 and it resulted in massive growth for Denver.
Population of Denver in 2020:
To know the population of Denver in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –682,540
- 2016 – 693,060
- 2017 – 708,543
- 2018 – 724,023
- 2019 – 736,963.6
After checking the data figures from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Denver went up by 54,423.6 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population goes up by 10,884.72. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 736,963.6 + 10,884.72 = 747,848.32. To conclude, the population of Denver in 2020 as per estimates = 747,848.32.
Demography of Denver:
As per the age group, 21% of the population is below the age of 18 and 11% are in the 18-24 group.
In terms of race, Whites are around 77%, Black 9%, American Indian 5%, and Asian 3%.
The median age of the city of Denver is around 34.4 years with a sex ratio of 49.9% for females and 50.1% males.
Denver is mostly English as per language spoken within the city with around 75% speakers with the second most spoken language being Spanish with around 20% people speaking language.
Population Density and Growth of Denver:
The population density of the city of Denver is 1745 persons per square kilometer. Denver has had a high growth rate as per population and has been the fastest-growing city within Colorado from 2011-12.
The city as per estimates will continue to drive in more people from other cities and lead to higher population growth in the years to come and also boosting the economy.
Facts About Denver:
- The city is considered to have the 10th largest downtown in the country. Within a short distance, 3 stadiums, numerous colleges, well known performing arts centers, history museums and many more are situated within a short radius. This gives ample time for locals to wander around the downtown area and have a good time.
- To your surprise, Denver city has parks that are more than 200 in number and one of them being the Red Rocks Park. It also has its very own Buffalo herd.
- Denver as a city is considered to have the second-highest educated population in all of the United States. People are fond of their music and also religiously follow theater dramas and operas. It can be said that the locals over here know what to do and are quite passionate about whatever interest they have.
- During the early times of 1858 and before, there were hardly even single people living here in the city. Things changed drastically all of a sudden when the Gold Rush happened in 1858.
- Another amazing fact of the city of Denver is that the 13th step of the Colorado State Capitol Building is basically at a height of one mile above sea level. That is some extra knowledge for you.