Population of Fargo 2020: (Largest City of North Dakota)

Fargo is a city in the state of North Dakota and also happens to be the largest city in the state. The city is a healthcare, educational, and industrial center for the state of North Dakota.

The well known North Dakota State University is also situated in the city.

Population of Fargo 2020

At one point in time in the early part of the 20th century, the automobile industry started flourishing here in this part of North Dakota and sooner it became home to a few automobile companies.

There is an issue of floods which causes some problems each year and stops the daily activities of the locals of the city.

Population of Fargo in 2020:

To find out the population of Fargo in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –117,915
  2. 2016 –120,762
  3. 2017 – 123,300
  4. 2018 – 125,838
  5. 2019 – 127,883

While checking the population from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Fargo has gone up by 9968 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 1993.6. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 127,883 + 1993.6 = 129,876.6. To conclude, the population of Fargo in 2020 as per estimates = 129,876.6.

Demography of Fargo:

87% of the population is White, 6% Black, 4% Asian, 1% Native American, and others make up the rest.

30.2 years is the median age in the city of Fargo and the sex ratio is 49.8% females and 50.2% males. 90% of the populations speak English over here and the rest of the 10% speaks various European languages as well as Asian.

Population Density and Growth of Fargo:

Fargo has a population density of 830 persons per square kilometer. In terms of population growth, the city as of late has been experiencing a healthy rate of growth each year. Gradually more people are flocking in here for various reasons and this has helped the economy of the state as well.

It is estimated that the annual growth rate as per the population will be even higher than the current average growth annually of 1.8% – 2% shortly.

Facts About Fargo:

  1. During the 1880s, the city had a law that permitted quick divorces and hence it turned out to be known as the divorce capital of the country. Popular people would come from various parts of the United States to seek divorce and they would get instantly.
  2. In the early part of the 20th century, the city was filled with people from Germany and Norway. Most of the people would talk in their native Norwegian or German instead of English. Even today you can easily notice a good enough number of non-English populations settled in the city of Fargo.
  3. Apart from being a retail hub, cultural center, it is also home to the popular North Dakota State University which comprises a large number of students from around the world.
  4. The North Dakota Horse Park is where you will find the rich people of the city who believe in betting on Horse races. These Horse races are not just a sport but a business for many people, ranging from the viewers to the organizers.
  5. West Acres Mall is one fascinating attraction in the city of Fargo. It comprises more than 120 brand stores with a total of 950,000 square feet. You can roam around the mall to check out various products, items of your need in your leisure and have a good time.