Frankfort as a city is the capital of the state of Kentucky.
The city got its name from an event that happened during the 1780s. American Indian’s lashed out an attack on European-American pioneers, who were making salt at a ford in the river of Kentucky. The pioneer, Stephen Frank was also killed and this led to the name being given as Frankford and later it changed to the name of Frankfort.
The city of Frankfort has a pleasant climate for the most part of the year but during summers it can be a bit humid and hot too as well.
Population of Frankfort in 2020:
To find out the population of Frankfort in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –27,830
- 2016 – 28,302
- 2017 – 28,754
- 2018 – 29,214
- 2019 – 29,545.5
After going through the data figures from 2015-19; it is seen that the population of Frankfort has increased by 1715.5 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population increases by 343.1. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 29,545.5 + 343.1 = 29,888.6. To conclude, the population of Frankfort in 2020 as per estimates = 29,888.6.
Demography of Frankfort:
As per the racial population, 75% are White, 16% Black, Asian 3%, Native American 1%, and other races make up the rest of the numbers.
The median age of the city is quite high as compared to other cities with an average of 38 years and a sex ratio of 52.5% females and 47.5% males.
Almost 94% of the population speaks in English over here, while the rest of the population speaks Spanish and other languages.
Population Density and Growth of Frankfort:
The population density of Frankfort city is 674 persons per square kilometer. Since the year 2014, the population growth every year has been on the positive side, though it is not on the higher side the population is certainly growing each year.
It is estimated that in the coming years the population growth of Frankfort will get higher and bring in more people into the city.
Facts About Frankfort:
- The city turned to be the state capital in the year 1792 after giving more manpower to the construction of a statehouse as compared to any other city in the country.
- There are several parks in the city that tourists can check out and enjoy the calmness of Frankfort. One of the most popular parks in the Taylorsville Lake State Park which provides various facilities like fishing, camping as well as boating for people. Moreover, Versailles State Park is another attraction in the form of a park where people usually go during weekends to have a good time with their friends and family.
- The city started to grow commercially by the time of the 1780s with a church and a schoolhouse being built within the city. Also, large amounts of tobacco were grown on farms around the city, providing economic stability to the city.
- People of the city are friendly and the city has a laidback lifestyle as compared to bigger cities like New York. The food has its charm over here and some of the items are especially found only in this part of the United States.
- Kentucky History Center & Museums is another fascinating place to visit in the city. It contains numerous information, ranging from its history of human settlement over here to other things you might have not known about Frankfort.