Population of Helena 2020: (Capital of Montana)

Helena is a city located in the state of Montana, and it happens to be the state capital. It was founded in the 19th century during the time of the gold rush of Montana with billions of worth of gold was found here, making the state one of the wealthiest in the country.

Population of Helena 2020

The current area of the city was inhabited for a long time by various native tribes about 10,000 years ago. It was a forest area before the Europeans arrived and started to make it like a town.

One of the fascinating things about the city is its pleasant climate that makes you want to stay here for a longer duration in case you a tourist.

Population of Helena in 2020:

To find out the population of Helena in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 – 30,581
  2. 2016 – 31,059
  3. 2017 – 31,541
  4. 2018 – 32,021
  5. 2019 – 32,436.6

After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is known that the population of Helena has grown further by 1855.6 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 371.12. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 32,436.6 + 371.12 = 32,807.72. As per the conclusion, the population of Helena in 2020 as per estimates = 32,807.72.

Demography of Helena:

94% of the population is White, 2.5% Native American, 1% Asian, 0.5% Black, and others make up the remainder of the population.

The median age over here is 40 years with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males. 98% of the population in Helena speaks English with the remainder 2% converses in Spanish and other native languages.

Population Density and Growth of Helena:

Helena city has a population density of 660 persons per square kilometer. Population growth in the city has always been on the brighter side with a good enough growth since the 1930s but there was a time from the end of the 20th century to the start of the 21st century where the population was going through a decline.

Anyway, the city has picked up the pace and since the last few years there hasn’t been any loss in population and it is growing at a faster speed than before. It is estimated that the population growth of Helena will double the speed in the coming years.

Facts About Helena:

  1. This might be a no surprise as the city had the most number of Millionaires in the world by the end of the 19th century. Since the city was built around Gold, it was always a wealthy city. Additionally, this wealth resulted in numerous Victorian Style Buildings made here.
  2. If you happen to be an adrenal junkie who is fond of outdoor activities, then this city is ideal for you. It has a lot of outdoor activities on offer, ranging from fishing, cycling, hiking, and so on.
  3. As per climatic conditions, January is the coldest month in the city of Helena and July being the hottest. During the winter months, many people start going for Skiing and it is one of the most popular winter activities in Helena.
  4. There are about 60 or more natural hot springs around the city of Helena with 15 of them being commercial. Due to medical benefits, large numbers of tourists flock in here to get some treatment from different medical problems.
  5. People in the city are extremely warm and friendly to tourists that can instantly make your day. With a laidback way of living, it gives you a different side of the United States.