Houston is a city situated in the state of Texas, and also happens to be the largest city of the state. It is a multicultural city with people from different countries based in here with over 90 languages spoken in Houston.
It does have one of the youngest populations in the United States due to a large number of immigrants. The status of being a city that comprises of various good institutes, a port city, and an industrial city makes it appealing to many people.
It is an advanced global city with a busy lifestyle and higher standard of living.
Population of Houston in 2020:
To get hold of the population of Houston in 2020, the population for the past 5 years needs to be checked. They are as per the following:
- 2015 –2.29 Million
- 2016 – 2.35 Million
- 2017 – 2.388 Million
- 2018 – 2.4276 Million
- 2019 – 2.47112 Million
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Houston has grown by 0.18112 Million in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 0.036224 Million. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 2.47112 Million + 0.036224 Million = 2.507344 Million. To conclude, the population of Houston in 2020 as per estimates = 2.507344 Million.
Demography of Houston:
As per racial figures, the city of Houston comprises 58% White, 23% Black, 7% Asian, 1% Native American, and other races make up the overall population of the city.
Houston has a median age of 32 years and a sex ratio of 50% females and 50% males.
Most of the people over here speak English, but Spanish is equally spoken in large numbers due to a big Hispanic population.
Population Density and Growth of Houston:
1351 persons per square kilometer are the population density of Houston. Houston has a pretty high population growth and that is evident with its average population growth rate each year. It keeps on adding a large number of people settling in here from various parts of the United States. Good institutes, better living standards, and low crime rates are some of the factors that attract people to move in here.
Facts About Houston:
- It is said that the people of Houston city eat more than the average of any other city in the United States. There might be two reasons for this, either the cost of food is pretty affordable as compared to other cities or the food in Houston is much more delicious.There can’t be a definite answer to this but either way; they eat more than any other city in the country.
- Coming back to food again, the city has the best culinary scenes in the United States. There are more than 11,000 restaurants in Houston, providing you cuisines from more than 70 countries and other regions of the United States. You are spoilt for choice to choose from ramen places, food trucks, to healthy foods.
- The Texas Medical Center is placed in the city and comprises about 54 medicine institutions. Almost 7.5 million guests visit here and it comprises of 1,000 acres. Also, the most number of heart surgeries are done here than in any part of the globe.
- More than 150 languages from around the world are spoken here in Houston, just behind the city of New York and Los Angeles. English and Spanish are the main languages spoken here but Hindi, German, and Chinese are spoken in big numbers as well.
- The city is where the largest mall in Texas is situated, known as the Galleria.