Jefferson City is the capital of the state of Missouri in the United States. Most of the employers in the city are in the service as well as manufacturing industries. Moreover, it is where the Lincoln University is situated as it was founded in the year 1866.
In May 2019, a destructive Tornado happened which went on to cause major damage to the south-west portion of Jefferson City. As per climatic conditions, the weather can be humid but with a bit of a thunderstorm as well. Winters are quite cold with light snow.
Also, the city is full of scenic views and kind of different to any other crowded city in the United States.
Population of Jefferson City in 2020:
To get the exact population of Jefferson City in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –44,018
- 2016 – 44,276
- 2017 – 44,482
- 2018 – 44,712
- 2019 – 44,876
After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is known that the population of Jefferson City has grown further by 858 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 171.6. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 44,876 + 171.6 = 45,047.6. As per the conclusion, the population of Jefferson City in 2020 as per estimates = 45,047.6.
Demography of Jefferson City:
74% of the population is White, 19% Black, 2% Asian, 1% Native American, and others comprise of the remainder of the population.
The city has a median age of about 37.5 years with a sex ratio of 47% females and 53% males. 92% of the population in Jefferson City speaks English with others fluent in Spanish as well as French.
Population Density and Growth of Jefferson City:
Jefferson City has a population density of 440 persons per square kilometer. The population growth over the years has been moderate and one reason being is that fewer people are coming here and settling in.
It is estimated that the population growth rate of the city will boost up in the years to come.
Facts About Jefferson City:
- The city was specifically designed to be the state capital. Jefferson City was included as a city in the year 1839. Till it wasn’t officially made the capital, St. Charles served as the capital of Missouri.
- As per recent figures, the estimated household income in the city was $ 44,000. This is almost $5000 more than the figure which was in the year 2000. The unemployment rate dropped in 2014 was about 4.8%, which was almost a full percentage lower as compared to the national average. This means the city is improving in terms of the economy and as a whole.
- The city was the place where the state prison was located. It was a volatile prison with numerous infamous people locked in here, including former heavyweight champions like Sonny Liston, Bank Robber Charles Floyd, and assassin like James Ray. You can very well imagine what would be going on at that time in prison with such people in it.
- Numerous German immigrants made vineyards around the city and its outskirts. One of the first vineyards established by them was during the 1800s and due to this many people would flock in from neighboring areas to have a look at it.
- It has more of a confusing climate with rainy summers that can be humid and hot as well. Winters are mostly cold with light snow as well and also there is a good enough amount of precipitation.