Population of Las Vegas 2020: (Largest City of Nevada)

Las Vegas is a city in the state of Nevada, United States. It happens to be the largest city in the state of Nevada and it is well known for its Casino’s. Not just limited to one thing but it is also popular for its nightlife, food, and way of living.

Population of Las Vegas 2020

 

It is rightly said as the Entertainment Capital in the world with great hospitality and super good looking hotels. The city is one of the most visited destinations in the world with a large number of tourists flocking in here from different parts of the world.

Population of Las Vegas in 2020:

To find out the population of Las Vegas in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 – 623,747
  2. 2016 – 631,745
  3. 2017 – 639,725
  4. 2018 – 647,715
  5. 2019 – 655,529.2

After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is seen that the population of Las Vegas has grown by 31,782.2 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 6356.44. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 655,529.2 + 6356.44 = 661,885.64. As per the conclusion, the population of Las Vegas in 2020 as per estimates = 661,885.64.

Demography of Las Vegas:

As per the racial numbers, 63% is White, 13% Black, 9% Asian, 1% Native American, and others comprise of the remaining numbers.

37 years is the median age in the city of Las Vegas with a sex ratio of 50% females and 50% males.

67% of the population speaks English in Las Vegas and due to its diverse population; the other 33% speak other languages.

Population Density and Growth of Las Vegas:

Las Vegas has a population density of 1700 persons per square kilometer. The city has been experiencing a healthy population growth rate for years now, even though it is going through a recession. Many people have settled in here from other cities and also tourism has boosted its economy in a big way.

It is estimated that the population growth will grow further at a faster pace in the coming years.

Facts About Las Vegas:

  1. Michael Jackson had this plan of making 50 feet talk moon-walking robot replica of him wandering around the desert of Las Vegas. This was more of an advertisement for his comeback in the year 2005.
  2. During the year 1980, a hospital in the city suspended most of its workers on grounds of them betting on when patients would die. One of the nurses was also accused of killing her patient, so she can win. This was brutal and total madness.
  3. Most of the young crowds from all over the world travel to Vegas to have fun in many ways. This could either be gambling, the adult industry, shopping, and so on. Every year the city gets to see people from different parts of the world coming in here and having a good time with their closed ones.
  4. The Stratosphere Las Vegas is the tallest observation tower in all over the city. You can see many tourists around the tower taking pictures of them around it and having a great time.
  5. The cost of living in the city of Las Vegas is on the costlier side with regular food that you get in other parts of the United States can cost double or even triple the price. In case you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, it is essential to take in an extra amount of money.