Population of Lincoln 2020: (Capital of Nebraska)

Lincoln is a city located in the state of Nebraska and it also happens to be the capital city. Many refugees in the past have settled in here from different countries and the city was called a refugee-friendly city.

Population of Lincoln 2020

The University of Nebraska was founded here in the city in 1869. It is the largest university in the state with almost 27,000 students and it happens to be the 3rd largest employer in the city of Lincoln. As per climatic conditions in Lincoln, winters are mostly dry and cold with summers being hot as well as humid.

Population of Lincoln in 2020:

To find out the population of Lincoln in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –277,178
  2. 2016 – 281,254
  3. 2017 – 284,506
  4. 2018 – 287,401
  5. 2019 – 291,549

After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is known that the population of Lincoln has grown further by 14,371 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 2874.2. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 291,549 + 2874.2 = 294,423.2. As per the conclusion, the population of Lincoln in 2020 as per estimates = 294,423.2.

Demography of Lincoln:

85% of the population is White, 6% Asian, 5% Black, 1% Native American, and others make up the rest of the numbers.

The median age is 32 years with a sex ratio of 50% females and 50% males. 87% of the population speaks English while the other 13% speak different languages with Spanish being in the majority.

Population Density and Growth of Lincoln:

Lincoln has a population density of 1153 persons per square kilometer. The city has been fortunate to have been experiencing a positive population growth throughout the years. Many people are moving into the city for work due to low unemployment rates and that is a big factor.

It is estimated that the city will continue with its moderate population growth in the coming years with an increase in the rate as years pass by.

Facts About Lincoln:

  1. The city of Lincoln wasn’t originally the capital of the state as Omaha was the capital since the year of 1854.
  2. One amazing fact is that the city of Lincoln wasn’t of the same name in the past years. It was originally called Lancaster. The legislature authorized to rename the city in memory of Abraham Lincoln and here we are with Lincoln.
  3. The government wants you to move into this part of the United States. The Chamber of Commerce site of the city has a vast amount of information dedicated to people who want to know more about the city and wants to move in here. It comprises of a downloadable map to get a clue about the city and its activities. Also, you can navigate around the sidebar of the site to get some additional information that might most likely influence you to at least visit the city.
  4. Another fascinating thing about this growing city is that there are tons of opportunities for a student. In your past time, you can easily get an internship or student job which is enjoyable and also fill up your pocket with cash.
  5. In case you are a foodie, Lincoln won’t disappoint you at all. One of the popular things that the locals like in a café is the pocket sandwiches with cabbages. Moreover, steaks and even some locally crafted beer are quite popular. One of the most frequently visited places in terms of food is the Valentino’s Pizza; it offers you some cinnamon rolls with chili.