Little Rock as a city happens to be the largest city and also the capital of the state of Arkansas, USA. It was found in the year 1821 and is currently the 118th largest city in the country.
The city was in the past inhabited by Native Americans in the form of Folsom People and Bluff Dwellers. Little Rock as a city has headquarters of numerous organizations in the form of Clinton Foundation, Winrock International and also Heifer International.
By the 1820s the city had around 400 people living here and gradually the numbers went up by 1860 in which Little Rock had almost 4000 people living in the city.
Population of Little Rock in 2020:
To find out the population of Little Rock in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –197,992
- 2016 – 198,885
- 2017 – 199,765
- 2018 – 200,655
- 5.2019 – 201,244.8
After checking the data figures from 2015-19; it is seen that the population of Little Rock increased by 3252.8 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population goes up by 650.56 people. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 201,244.8 + 650.56 = 201,895.36. To conclude, the population of Little Rock in 2020 as per estimates = 201,895.36.
Demography of Little Rock:
By going with the data figures as per race, 51% of the population is White, 41% Black, American Indian, 4% and 3% Asian.
The median age of Little Rock is 36 years with a sex ratio of 51% females and 49% males. English is the main language spoken in the city with about 90% speakers, while the other language that is spoken in a big number is Spanish.
Population Density and Growth of Little Rock:
Little Rock has a population density of 643 persons per square kilometer. The city has been experiencing good enough population growth of around 2%, slowly and steadily it is growing. It is expected that more young people will be coming over here to stay in the years to come due to its ever-growing entrepreneurial culture.
Facts About Little Rock:
- During the year of 1821, the city had its name changed to Arkopolis due to a land dispute. This is evident in old maps from that era.
- Unlike other cities where the citizens of a city are called by their city names, Little Rock doesn’t have one. But yes, some of them prefer to be called Little Rocker or even Little Rockian. Sounds way too cool someone with such names, right?
- The Old State House Museum of Little Rock is certainly the oldest state capitol building out here. It took around 9 years to build with its construction starting in the year 1833 and it got done by 1842.
- The Little Rock Zoo is a popular spot for locals with numerous wildlife creatures that can be seen. But, did you know that the zoo started in the year 1926 with just about two animals? Yes, two of them and they were a timber wolf and a circus trained bear. Quite astonishing!
- 5. Even though Clinton’s name can be seen all over the city but neither Bill Clinton nor Hillary are from Little Rock. Hillary was born in Chicago and Bill Clinton was born in Tiny Hope but their daughter – Chelsea was born in this city of Little Rock. So, it does make sense now with the names being evident all over the city of Little Rock.