Los Angeles is known to be the largest city in the state of California, USA. It home to Hollywood and is well known for its Mediterranean climate and diverse population.
The city in the past has hosted various sporting events, including the Summer Olympics of 1932 and 1984. It is said that a large number of Hispanic population live here along with huge numbers of South Asian people in the form of Bangladeshi’s, Indians and Pakistani’s.
The economy of the city is boosted by various activities with international trade and entertainment being the major contributors to the city of Los Angeles.
Population of Los Angeles in 2020:
To know the population of Los Angeles in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –3.94 Million
- 2016 – 3.97 Million
- 2017 – 4.018 Million
- 2018 – 4.0556 Million
- 2019 – 4.08672 Million
After looking at the figures from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Los Angeles went up by 0.14672 Million in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population goes up by 0.029344 Million. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 4.08672 Million + 0.029344 Million = 4.116064 Million. To conclude, the population of Los Angeles in 2020 as per estimates = 4.116064 Million.
Demography of Los Angeles:
The city is so diverse that people from around 150 countries live here and speaks about 230 languages, quite a big number, isn’t it?
In terms of Latinos, Mexicans make up the largest number in the city with about 40% of people. The largest Asian ethnic groups are Korean, followed by Filipinos, Thai, and Cambodian. Also, Iranian and Armenian’s are in large numbers.
The median age over here is 35.1 years with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males.
Population Density and Growth of Los Angeles:
The population density of the city is 3124 persons per square kilometer. The golden period as per population growth of the city was between 2010-15 when it grew by almost 5% and was ahead of the national growth.
It is expected that Los Angeles will touch the 5 million mark in a couple of years from now as more people are coming over here and settling here for various reasons.
Facts About Los Angeles:
- When the city was founded, it had a completely different name in Spanish and it was super lengthy. The name was, El Pueblo De Nuestra and this was just the beginning of the name and to find out the full name you can search it over the internet.
- The site in which the Dodger stadium is located was the place where oil was discovered here in the year of 1892.
- Universal Studios is a pretty iconic spot in Los Angeles as it is a film studio as well as a theme park. It has been attracting people from all over the globe for numerous years and also it is one of the oldest ever Theme Parks in the entire world.
- Hollywood is a place in itself within Los Angeles as many people come over to this specific spot around the hills to get a view of the big gigantic Hollywood sign written on it.
- The economy of the city of Los Angeles is well known and it is said that If the city was a country, the economy would have been way too bigger as compared to countries like Sweden, Switzerland, and also Saudi Arabia.