Louisville happens to be a city located in the state of Kansas and also is the largest city of the state. At the time when World War 2 happened, the city became a hub for war production, which later on changed into agricultural equipment and also manufacturing tractors.
Currently, the city is known for many things in the form of being the home of the well-known Boxer, Muhammad Ali, KFC, and also the University of Louisville.
It also is home to numerous annual cultural events, with the Kentucky Derby being one of the famous ones that are held in May.
Also, the city of Louisville has a lot of attractions for its locals and tourists.
Population of Louisville in 2020:
To get the actual population of Louisville in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –615,366
- 2016 –618,956
- 2017 –622,536
- 2018 – 626,136
- 2019 – 631,306.2
After going through the data figures from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Louisville has increased by 15,940.2 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population increases by 3188.04. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 631,306.2 + 3188.04 = 634,494.24. To conclude, the population of Louisville in 2020 as per estimates = 634,494.24.
Demography of Louisville:
70% are White in the city, 22% Black, 3% Asian, 1% Native American, and others make up the rest of the numbers.
Louisville has a median age of 37.1 years among its residents with a sex ratio of 51.6% females and 48.4% males. 90% of the people over here speak in English, while the rest of them speak their languages from Spanish, French, Arabic, and so on.
Population Density and Growth of Louisville:
Louisville city has a population density of 743 persons per square kilometer. Population growth has been gradually getting on the higher side for various reasons with one of them being the residents of the state are moving from rural places to this part of Kentucky.
As per estimates, Louisville is expected to grow at a faster pace with a better population growth rate in a few years from now.
Facts About Louisville:
- During the Kentucky Derby, a Mint Julep is given with bourbon and it is considered as the official drink of this cultural event. But, the most astonishing part is that over 100K Bourbon’s are distributed during the Kentucky Derby. That is surely a big number of Bourbon’s distributed during the Kentucky Derby.
- Tourism is one of the major boosting factors for the economy. It has helped the city grow with the revenue coming in from tourism and several people visiting the city. Apart from tourism, horses, mammoth cave and bourbon are some of the things the city of Louisville is known for.
- The city was the primary river and railroad transportation center during the 1800s. The tradition continues till today where it is
- Due to its nearness to the Ohio River and low lying lands, the city is an easy target during floods. In 1937, the city faced its worst flood situation where about 60% of the city was submerged and around 23,000 people had to evacuate. Similarly, after 8 years there was another flood situation in which 50,000 went homeless. Seeing this, the government installed a 29-mile floodwall system to avoid any kind of disastrous results during floods in the city of Louisville.
- The largest fireworks display in the United States happens in May during the Kentucky Derby Festival.