Madison is a city and also the capital of the state of Wisconsin. The city comprises the well known Wisconsin University, Henry Vilas Zoo, numerous parks, lakes and also bike trails. Madison has been known in the past for being the center of political activity, demonstrations as well as protests.
The largest employer of the city and state is the University of Wisconsin and other educational institutes also playing a big part in the economy of Madison.
It is surely catching up as it is a growing technology hub and consists of headquarters of several top organizations and also a head office of Google.
Population of Madison 2020
To get hold of the population of Madison in 2020, the population for the past 5 years needs to be checked. They are as per the following:
- 2015 –247,830
- 2016 – 252,551
- 2017 – 255,774
- 2018 – 259,009
- 2019 – 261,672.6
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Madison has gone up by 13,842.6 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 2768.52. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 261,672.6 + 2768.52 = 264,441.12. As per the conclusion, the population of Madison in 2020 as per estimates = 264,441.12.
Demography of Madison:
Madison has around 79% of the White population, 9% Asian, 7% Black, 1% Native American, and others make up the rest of the population of Madison city.
The median age in the city is 31 years and it has a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males. English is spoken by most of the population, while many Asian and European languages are spoken too due to the influx of a large number of immigrants living in the city.
Population Density and Growth of Madison:
1248 persons per square kilometer are the population density of Madison. Population growth of the city has been good in a way as it hasn’t faced a decline in population for many years. It is estimated that the population growth will further improve in a few years from now.
Facts About Madison:
- Besides having many educational institutes around the city, it does offer numerous outdoor recreations, restaurants, music venues and a list of shopping places. It is a city for all as it has a wide range of things on offer for its tourists and also locals.
- It is more on the humid continental climate with variations in its climatic conditions. Winters can be freezing as temperatures go below the freezing point and it is essential to have lots of warm clothes in case you are traveling to the city at this point in time. Summers are hot and humid at the time but still manageable.
- The State Street around the downtown area of Madison is one of the main hubs of the city as it links the University of Wisconsin with the Capitol Square and also lined up with various shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Music is an essential part of the daily lives of the people of Madison. There are tons of venues that provide live music or any kind of music as per your preference. The Barrymore Theatre to bars and small coffee shops provide different kinds of music that will keep you on your toes.
- The Henry Vilas Zoo is one of the main attractions in the city of Madison. There are many wild animals that you can get to look at that are from various countries. It is mostly full during the weekends with kids and their families coming over here more often.