Manchester is a city located in the state of New Hampshire in the United States. It does confuse people with Manchester of England due to its similar name but the city has its way of life.
The city was first named by the merchant, Samuel Blodgett. He had this vision to make this city a big industrial center, just like that of Manchester of England.
Additionally, the city is always on the list of the top livable and affordable cities in the country and that attracts a lot of people to settle in here from other parts of the United States
Population of Manchester in 2020:
To find out the population of Manchester in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 – 111,039
- 2016 – 111,659
- 2017 – 112,117
- 2018 – 112,525
- 2019 – 112,986
While checking the population from 2015-19; it shows that the population of Manchester has jumped up by 1947 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 389.4. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 112,986 + 389.4 = 113,375.4. As per the conclusion, the population of Manchester in 2020 as per estimates = 113,375.4.
Demography of Manchester:
Manchester comprises 87% White population, 5% Black, 5% Asian, 0.5% Native American, and other races making up the remainder of the population.
The median age over here is 36 years with a sex ratio of 49% females and 51% males. It has overall poverty that stretches to around 15% and the most used language is English.
Population Density and Growth of Manchester:
Manchester City has a population density of 1313 persons per square kilometer. The city has been facing moderate population growth over the years annually, though it hasn’t been able to touch the 1% growth. Nevertheless, there hasn’t been any population decline over the years, and it is expected that the population growth of Manchester will go upwards with a better growth rate in the coming years.
Facts About Manchester:
- The city started as being a farming community and was called Derryfield. But, things took a change and by the year 1810, it was named Manchester. The name was due to Merchant Samuel Blodgett’s efforts in making a route from the city of Boston to Concord by making a canal system which permits vessels passage around the Amoskeag falls.
- The biggest step in the city’s industrial development happened when the Amoskeag manufacturing company opened in the year 1838, turning into the world’s largest textile manufacturing complex and brought in the big textile industry in the city of Manchester.
- There are various attractions within the city, and it can keep going on with an uncountable number of them. The Currier Museum of Art is a well-known museum and it also happens to be one of the country’s smallest galleries. The Zimmerman House is another place of interest that is open to the public and the solitary residence in New England made by Frank Lloyd Wright, the famous architect.
- If you love sports, the city has a lot of options for you to get a chance to watch a game live with its numerous sports teams from different sports. Baseball, American Hockey, and also Football is quite popular in this part of the country.
- It is a well-developed city with everything you want in a particular city is available. Whether you want to party, go out shopping or even go for some adventure trips around the outskirts. The city does provide you with different features and facilities.