Milwaukee is a city placed in the state of Wisconsin, Additionally; it is the largest city over here. It was in its past years inhabited and under the control of various Native American tribes with the French passing by the area during the time of the 17th century.
It also had a big rivalry with Juneau town and by the year 1840, the war began to get bigger, leading to the Milwaukee Bridge War 1845.
Coming to its present times, the city of Milwaukee has a lot of scenic places to check out and has a lot to offer in terms of attractions.
Population of Milwaukee in 2020:
To know the population of Milwaukee in 2020, the population for the last 5 years needs to be checked. They are as per the following:
- 2015 –600,155
- 2016 – 601,219
- 2017 – 602,297
- 2018 – 603,367
- 2019 – 604,110.4
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Milwaukee has added up by 3955.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 791.08. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 604,110.4 +791.08 = 604,901.48. To conclude, the population of Milwaukee in 2020 as per estimates = 604,901.48.
Demography of Milwaukee:
In Milwaukee, 46% are White, 39% Black, 4% Asian, 1% Native American, and others comprise of the remainder of the population.
The city has a median age of 31.3 years with a sex ratio being 52% females and 48% males.
As per language, English is the most spoken and many of them speak Spanish as well.
Population Density and Growth of Milwaukee:
Milwaukee city has a population density of 2389 persons per square kilometer. The city has been experiencing a fair amount of population growth by slowly adding more people to its current population. Due to proper infrastructure and work opportunities, it has been keeping a steady population growth rate each year.
The figure in terms of population growth is estimated to rise in the coming years.
Facts About Milwaukee:
- The city is very well known for its cold and chill brews as well as its lake views. It is a party city and people out there know how to celebrate. But, in case you want a quieter place in the city, there are many options for you to check out some scenic views.
- The Modern Typewriter which utilized the QWERTY setup was invented in the city of Milwaukee. It was on the larger side and by seeing this; someone referred it to be a mix between a kitchen table and a piano
- Milwaukee has always been a manufacturing hub. Many of the automobiles in the past were manufactured in this part of America and this has been going on for more than 100 years. Some of the examples are the Kissel Kar, Ogden, and, Nash.
- Milwaukee city is often called as the cream city. Hold it right there, it is not in any way related to the dairy industry. It is due to the light-colored bricks that builders all through the 19th century were using it. It is drawn from local clay deposits consisting of high volumes of magnesium and dolomite.
- The city has had this tradition of hosting numerous festivals and this has become the standard for Milwaukee. It hosts the largest Italian heritage festival in the United States, which is all about food and fine.
Other festivals like, the Polish Fest, Irish Fest, Oktoberfest, and Mexican Fiesta are some of the other festivals that are celebrated grandly.