Minneapolis is known to be the largest city in Minnesota State in the U.S. It comprises about 13 lakes, which makes it quite rich in water and the past was known for timber.
The city of Minneapolis is famous for its rap music and its underground music scene with various artists coming up from this part of the United States. Apart from music and entertainment, Minneapolis is popular for its performing arts scene. For having numerous international trades with many countries, the city of Minneapolis is classified as a Global City.
Population of Minneapolis in 2020:
To know the exact population of Minneapolis in 2020, the population for the past 5 years needs to be checked. They are as per the following:
- 2015 –410,939
- 2016 – 416,611
- 2017 – 422,289
- 2018 – 427,963
- 2019 – 432,114.2
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Minneapolis has added up by 21,175.2 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 4235.04. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 432,114.2 + 4235.04 = 436,349.24. As per the conclusion, the population of Minneapolis in 2020 as per estimates = 436,349.24.
Demography of Minneapolis:
64% are White, 19% Black, 7% Asian, 1% Native American, and other races make up the remaining of the population.
Minneapolis city has a median age of 32 years with a sex ratio of 49.5% females and 50.5% males. English is spoken by most of the population with Spanish being the 2nd most popular language in the city of Minneapolis.
Population Density and Growth of Minneapolis:
Minneapolis has a population density of 3019 persons per square kilometer. Population growth has been going strong over the years for Minneapolis and it also has a good enough annual population growth rate of around 1%.
It is estimated that there will be a rise in population growth in the years to come.
Facts About Minneapolis:
- Winters are harsh in the city but luckily the locals can stay warm with the Minneapolis Skyway. It is an indoor walkway system that connects numerous buildings. It is about 7 miles and 69 blocks and it happens to be the longest continuous skyway system all over the world.
- The Mall of America used to be known as the biggest shopping mall in the United States, situated in the city. As of now, it is no more the largest but it is so big that around 78 football fields can fit inside in it. Imagine how humongous it is in size and even Google made indoor maps for the mall, in case anyone gets lost in these lofty areas.
- Many people often use the slang, “Holy Cow” in response to a shock or something exciting. But, have you wondered from where did this phrase come from?Well, it was here in the city of Minneapolis where a Baseball match was going on and the commentator of radio broadcast known as Halsey Hall first used this phrase in response to a Home Run in that match.
- This might be astonishing but more than 10,000 cyclists hit the road of Minneapolis every day. This just shows how active they are and also love to be fit.
- The first-ever bridge made across the Mississippi River was here in the city of Minneapolis. The bridge was built in the year 1855 and people made a line in its early years just to get a glimpse of the bridge. It is currently one of the top landmarks of the city of Minneapolis.