Population Of Mississippi 2020: (Population Growth Demography, Facts)

Mississippi as a state is placed in the southern part of the United States. The state capital is Jackson and also it is the largest city. The state is almost within the Gulf coastal plain and comprises of low hills and lowland plains. As per the records from 2010, almost 38% of people belonged from Africa, which is the highest as compared to all the states.

Population Of Mississippi 2020

Mississippi as a state also ranks quite low in several things, ranging from health, development, and education. Anyway, it has one of the richest fish faunas in the country with about 204 fish species.

Population Of Mississippi In 2020:

To know the population of Mississippi in 2020, the data for the last 5 years needs to be looked at. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –2.98 Million
  2. 2016 – 2.98 Million
  3. 2017 – 2.99 Million
  4. 2018 – 2.9958 Million
  5. 2019 – 2.99896 Million

Looking at the population from 2015-19; it shows a growth of 0.01896 Million in the past 5 years. On average, every year the population grows by 0.003792 Million. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 2.99896 Million + 0.003792 Million = 3.002752 Million. As per conclusion, the population of Mississippi in 2020 in terms of estimates is 3.002752 Million.

Mississippi Population 2020 – 3.002752 Million (Estimated)

Demography Of Mississippi:

83% of the people are Christians, with Jewish, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs comprising of the remaining 17%. As far as race is concerned, White Americans 57%, Black 38%, Asians, 2%, Native Americans 1% and others 1%.

English is the main language spoken in Mississippi with the flair of South American English. Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language with French being the 3rd and German being the 4th most spoken language in the state.

Population Density And Growth Of Mississippi:

Mississippi as a state has a population density of 24.5 persons per square kilometer. During the start of the 20th century, the state already had a massive 1.5 million people living in it. Things changed as years passed by and eventually, the population growth slowed down in recent years.

Population growth has been one big problem for the state with minimal growth. As per the above estimates, the year 2020 touches the 3 million mark. It is expected that the population might go on further and touch 3.5 million by 2030.

Facts About Mississippi:

  1. The state was the 20th to join the union in 1817. After making a lot of promotions in the form of posters and postcards all over the state for its centennial celebrations, it had to be canceled as World War 1 took place at the same time.

  2. It has several churches per capita as compared to any state in the nation. Also, as per reports, it is said that several people go to Churches as compared to citizens of another state. This proves that people are god-fearing in the state.

  3. The name of ‘Teddy Bear’ originated when President Roosevelt decided not to kill a bear which was trapped during a hunting experience near Mississippi. A candy shop owner saw this cartoon sketch of the President and the bear, which inspired him to create this famous stuff toy animal that we know today as the Teddy Bear.

  4. The French were the first to settle in here in terms of non-indigenous people. As far as local indigenous people, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and the Natchez were the primary people who had their base here for several thousand years.

  5. Elvis Presley, who is regarded as the idol of Rock & Roll was born here in the state of Mississippi.