Nashville is a city located in the state of Tennessee. It happens to be the capital and the largest city, famous for its music in a big way.
The city of Nashville was founded in the year 1779 and started to grow rapidly due to its prime location as a port. Also, the city turned into a railroad hub during the 19th century.
It is known for a lot of things, ranging from music, healthcare, banking as well as transportation services. The city also comprises of numerous universities and one of them includes the popular Tennessee University.
Population of Nashville in 2020:
To find out the population of Nashville in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –654,610
- 2016 – 660,196
- 2017 – 665,786
- 2018 – 671,374
- 2019 – 671,979.4.
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Nashville has grown by 17,369.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 3473.88. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 671,979.4 + 3473.88 = 675,453.28. To conclude, the population of Nashville in 2020 as per estimates = 675,453.28.
Demography of Nashville:
In terms of racial population, 64% are White, 28% Black, 4% Asian, 0.5% Native American, and others comprise of the remaining numbers.
The city of Nashville has a median age of 34 years and a sex ratio of 52% females and 48% males. English is the most spoken language but also German and Spanish are spoken in large numbers.
Population Density and Growth of Nashville:
The city has a population density of 510 persons per square kilometer. Due to its popular music industry, not just tourists but also people from other cities are moving in here and that is evident in the population chart listed above of the past five years with a sizable growth of the city in population numbers.
It is estimated that the current population growth rate will grow further and have better population growth in the years to come.
Facts About Nashville:
- Goo-Goos are a type of candy which the locals of the city love it to the extreme. It is made up of caramel, peanuts, milk chocolate, and marshmallow. It was first made in the year 1901 and from then it has been a popular candy for the people of Nashville.
- Historians believe that the battle of Nashville in the year 1837 was the greatest ever with ideal tactics by the Union Army. They defeated the Army of Tennessee, who was believed to be one of the largest armies of that time.
- Oprah Winfrey hails from this part of the United States. She spent her childhood here with her family and by the time she reached the age of 19, she got a job in a news channel and became the first-ever African-American female news anchor.
- The city of Nashville consists of a large number of Kurdish populations living here. More than 15,000 of them live here currently and have fled Iraq during the ’80s and early 90’s due to poor living standards and the dictatorship of Saddam Hussain.Many of the Kurdish people decided for a better living, hence they came here to Nashville.
- It is not called a Music City without a reason as the city comprises of more than 150 live music venues all over the city. Whether you are into Jazz, Rock, Pop, the city of Nashville has got covered for your taste in music.