Population of New York City 2020: (Largest City of New York State)

New York City is located in the state of New York and it happens to be the largest city within the state. The city has a great influence and impact on the economy of the world with media, art, technology, fashion, and so on.

Population of New York City 2020

It can come as a shock but every day around 800 or more languages are spoken within the city of New York, which shows the level of diversity and hence it is the world’s most linguistically diverse city.

The city of New York is also where two of the world’s largest stock exchange is situated in the form of NASDAQ and New York Stock Exchange.

Population of New York City in 2020:

To find out the population of New York City in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –8.55 Million
  2. 2016 – 8.6 Million
  3. 2017 – 8.652 Million
  4. 2018 – 8.7024 Million
  5. 2019 – 8.74488 Million

While checking the population from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of the city of New York has jumped up by 0.19488 Million in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 0.038976 Million. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 8.74488 Million + 0.038976 Million = 8.783856 Million. To conclude, the population of New York City in 2020 as per estimates = 8.783856 Million.

Demography of New York City:

43% of the population is White, 25% Black, 15% Asian, 1% American Indian, and others make up the rest. The median age in the city is 36.1 years with a sex ratio of 52.4% females and 47.6% females. 52% of the population speaks English, while the other 48% speak their native languages and also English separately.

Population Density and Growth of New York City:

10,715 persons per square kilometer are the population density of New York City. Population growth has been healthy for the city with a bit of fluctuation at times. It is estimated that by the year 2030 the population might touch 9-10 Million people.

Since it is a globally popular city, a large number of people from all walks of life come here to stay and try their luck, leading to heavy population growth.

Facts About New York City:

  1. It was France that gifted the Statue of Liberty to the city in 1886. It was shipped as 350 pieces in around 214 crates, which took about four months to assemble at its current location of Ellis Island.
  2. The New York Public Library has a massive collection of books which goes to about 50 million of them. It is just placed second after the Library of Congress. Also, it is positioned 3rd in the whole world with that amount of collection.
  3. The headquarters of the United Nations was set up in the city right after World War 2 in the year 1952.
  4. The popular attraction of the city of New York in the form of Times Square had a completely different name. It was known as Longacre Square but then the New York Times moved in here in 1904 and it was named after it as Times Square.
  5. This can be astonishing for many people but there are a big number of Chinese people living in New York than any other city outside Asia. Also, there is a large Jewish population in the city and this means that more Jewish people are living here as compared to anywhere outside of Israel.