Population of Oklahoma City 2020: (Capital & Largest City of Oklahoma)

Oklahoma City is placed in the state of Oklahoma, and it serves both as the largest city and also the capital of the state.

Natural gas, oil, and petroleum products are the biggest sector of the economy of Oklahoma City.

Population of Oklahoma City 2020

Also, the city has a history with Tornadoes as Oklahoma was struck 13 times by it in the past.

It is more towards the humid subtropical climate with humid summers and cold winters. Also, rainfall in the city causes long spells of floods that bring in a lot of issues for the locals.

Population of Oklahoma City in 2020:

To find out the population of Oklahoma City in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:

  1. 2015 –631,346
  2. 2016 – 641,616
  3. 2017 – 651,898
  4. 2018 – 662,170
  5. 2019 – 671,094.8

On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Oklahoma City seems to have added several people by having a growth of 39,748.8 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 7949.76. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 671,094.8 + 7949.76 = 679,044.56. To conclude, the population of Oklahoma City in 2020 as per estimates = 679,044.56.

Demography of Oklahoma City:

In terms of racial numbers, 67% are White, 15% Black, 5% Asian, 3% Native American, and the rest comprise of other races.

It has a median age of 34 years with a sex ratio of 50.8% females and 49.2% males. 80% of the people in the city speak English, while the other 20% speak Spanish and other languages.

Population Density and Growth of Oklahoma City:

Oklahoma City has a population density of 360 persons per square kilometer. The city has been witnessing solid growth in terms of population. Various factors have led to what it is for the city as of now, with education and a better living playing a crucial role in attracting people to move in here from other cities in the United States.

As per estimates, it is expected that the population growth will double up in the years to come.

Facts About Oklahoma City:

  1. About a century ago, the city was mostly covered up by grass and timber. Currently, it has a huge population with 625 square miles of the country’s heartland.
  2. During the time of the 1800s, all the different Indian tribes were forcefully thrown out from various places of the country and relocated them to this area, which was known as Oklahoma territory. All of the different tribes lived together; though they had problems between themselves slowly they adjusted and made this area their home.
  3. It holds the title of having the 4th largest land area in the country. But, most of the area is rural as well as sparsely populated.Nevertheless, the record is intact and it is positioned 4th in the United States.
  4. There have been numerous reports which suggest that the Skirvin Hotel, which is almost 105 years old or more is the oldest hotel in Oklahoma City and it is pretty much haunted. The ghost used to be a housekeeper who jumped to death. Numerous sports teams who come here to stay during their matches have complained of not having proper sleep and too much disturbance during night hours.  Also, doors get slammed all of a sudden and in some cases, the bathtubs get filled with water.
  5. People are warm and friendly in the city of Oklahoma and also they take their sports seriously.