The area was inhabited firstly by Native Americans with the European Americans establishing the city. Numerous ethnic groups started coming over here by the next century, with the Jewish immigrants coming in large numbers during the start of the 20th century.
Currently, the city is a base for many big organizations and also resulted in a large number of employment levels in the city.
Population of Omaha in 2020:
To find out the population of Omaha in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –441,833
- 2016 –446,970
- 2017 – 453,307
- 2018 – 459,647
- 2019 – 463,958.4
After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is known that the population of Omaha has grown further by 22,125.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 4425.08. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 463,958.4 + 4425.08 = 468,383.48. As per the conclusion, the population of Omaha in 2020 as per estimates = 468,383.48.
Demography of Omaha:
79% of the population is White, 12% Black, 4% Asian, 1% Native American, and other races comprise of the remainder of the population.
Omaha has a median age of 34.1 years with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males. The most spoken language in the city of Omaha is English with 88% speakers, while Spanish is the second most common language.
Population Density and Growth of Omaha:
Omaha has a population density of 1304 persons per square kilometer. Population growth has always been on the moderate side with a low population growth rate for the city. Though the growth hasn’t been of a higher number it maintained to get a positive growth instead of a decline in population. It is estimated that the current pace of the population growth will continue in the years to come.
Facts About Omaha:
- One of the topmost zoos’ in the world is located in the city, known as the Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium. It looks more of a biological park and also comprises the world’s largest indoor desert. Sounds, fascinating, right?
- The lip-smacking, Reuben Sandwich started from here. It was in the past years when a local grocer was asked to make something different and the invention of Reuben Sandwich happened.
- One of the richest people on Earth, Warren Buffett hails from this part of the United States. Due to this reason, many investors and shareholders come here for the Berkshire Annual Meeting. It is all about the influence of a certain person that can make a big change to a city.
- During the Second World War, Japan sent things like Hydrogen Balloons towards the U.S. Most of them landed around the west coast, while one of the bombs made way to the neighborhood of Dundee in the city before exploding in the year 1945. Currently, a plaque marks the spot and says, “A Japanese bomb exploded at this spot”
- ConAgra Food Headquarters is located in the city of Omaha. There is a 6-foot tall statue of Chef Boyardee, who was certainly a real person. His real name was Ettore Boiardi and he had his restaurant in Ohio. After having a company of his own, he was given the commission to provide food during the time of World War 2.