Raleigh city is the capital of the state of North Carolina. Most of the city is situated inside Wake County and a little portion stretching to Durham County.
It is a proper example of being a planned city in the United States. After the American Revolutionary War, the area was selected as the state capital in the year 1788.
By the year 1959 many jobs were created in the field of technology and science in the city of Raleigh, and this resulted in becoming one of the fastest-growing cities in the early part of the 21st century.
Population of Raleigh in 2020:
To find out the population of Raleigh in 2020, the population figures for the past 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –451,066
- 2016 – 460,500
- 2017 – 469,900
- 2018 – 479,332
- 2019 – 487,219.2
While checking the population from 2015-19; it can be seen that the population of Raleigh has gone up by 36,153.2 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 7230.64. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 487,219.2 + 7230.64 = 494,449.84. To conclude, the population of Raleigh in 2020 as per estimates = 494,449.84.
Demography of Raleigh:
In terms of percentage, 58% are White, 27% Black, 6% Asian, 1% Native American, and others make up the rest of the numbers. The median age is 33 years with a sex ratio of 51.5% females and 48.5% males. Most of the people converse in English and a smaller portion of the population speak Spanish and other languages.
Population Density and Growth of Raleigh:
Raleigh city has a population density of 1268 persons per square kilometer. The city has been growing at a fine rate in terms of population with estimates showing that the city will encounter higher population growth in the years to come.
Facts About Raleigh:
- The city comprises of almost 9,000 acres of parkland with a total of 200 parks situated within the city and also offers adrenal junkies to have activities like, Hiking, jogging and also long stretches of walking area.In case you require a healthy lifestyle of going for outdoor exercises early in the morning without any hassles, this place is for you.
- Arts and culture scene in the scene is quite diverse with theatres providing entertainment to the public in different genres, ranging from drama, comedy, or even thrillers. Similarly, the Ballet scene is another imperative part of art and culture in the city.
- If you happen to be a shopping freak, the flea market of the city of Raleigh shall provide you with numerous items that are very unique. Also, other shopping areas in the city include Brier Creek Commons, Crabtree Valley Mall, Park West Village, and many more. The list is endless as Raleigh has a lot of options for die-hard shopping fans.
- Nightlife in the city is very happening as many live shows or concerts are going around Raleigh every night. Many clubs can be categorized into different ones with some being towards light music and others more into heavy music. Moreover, there are some Jazz nights for those who want to have a rather quiet time and enjoy the soothing music with their loved ones.
- It is one of the cities that love its beer. Many people during the weekdays after their work would go for some alcohol but this number almost doubles when the weekends arrive as consumption levels go high at clubs and parties, which is quite common.