Saint Paul as a city holds the status of being the capital of the state of Minnesota. Also, it is the second most populated city in the state and evidence proves that the current area was inhabited by about 1000 years ago.
The city is also well known for having a high literacy rate along with its twin city of Minneapolis. Going back to a bit of history, the state of Minnesota was formed and Saint Paul became the capital by the 1840s.
Saint Paul turned into an important trading point when it was named the capital of the state in 1849 and led to many people from outside the state coming here.
Population of Saint Paul in 2020:
To get the exact population of Saint Paul in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –301,172
- 2016 – 304,442
- 2017 – 307,672
- 2018 – 310,902
- 2019 – 313,554.4
After going through the data numbers from 2015-19; it is known that the population of Saint Paul has grown further by 12,382.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 2476.48. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 313,554.4 + 2476.48 = 316,030.88. As per the conclusion, the population of Saint Paul in 2020 as per estimates = 316,030.88.
Demography of Saint Paul:
The largest age group in Saint Paul is from the age of 25-44 years and they comprise 30% of the overall population in the city.
The major religion followed here is Christianity in large numbers with Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists having a decent amount of followers too in Saint Paul.
In terms of racial data figures, 58% are White, 19% Asian, 16% Black, 1% American Indian, and others make up the rest.
31 years is the median age in the city with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males.
Population Density and Growth of Saint Paul:
2277 persons per square kilometer are the population density of Saint Paul. It has witnessed a significant population growth in its past and there have been few instances over its history where the city of Saint Paul has faced negative population growth. It is said that since the year 2010, the population growth has picked up and it is growing at a good enough pace.The current pace of population growth is estimated to continue over the years.
Facts About Saint Paul:
- The legislature certainly voted to make way for Saint Peter as the capital instead of Saint Paul but one of the legislators from the city stole the text and went into hiding mode for a long time and keeping the city as the capital of the state of Minnesota.
- The skyway in the city which is about 5 miles long is the 2nd longest continuous skyway in the whole world. While the number one position goes to which is across the river in Minneapolis city.
- This might come as a shock but over 90 languages and dialects are spoken in the public schools of the city. This is certainly an astonishing number with so many languages spoken within a certain city.
- The city started as a trading hub in the United States but later gained importance after given the status of being the capital of the state in 1849. Due to this reason, about 104 landmarks are listed.
- The people over here in Saint Paul are warm and friendly. Also, there are numerous points of interest that you can go and have a look to get a better understanding of the city.