Santa Fe is a city in New Mexico State, the U.S. It is the capital city and it gives you a similar look to the country of Mexico. In its earliest history, the city of Santa Fe was in control by numerous indigenous people with every one of them giving a certain name of their choice to the current city.
Tourism is one of the main factors contributing boost to the economy of the city. Most of the tourists visit the historic downtown and nearby areas, with San Miguel Chapel being one of the most visited places in the city of Santa Fe.
Population of Santa Fe in 2020:
To find out the population of Santa Fe in 2020, the population figures for the previous 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 – 84,099
- 2016 – 87,290
- 2017 – 89,990
- 2018 – 92,990
- 2019 – 95,105.8
While checking the population from 2015-19; it shows that the population of Santa Fe has increased by 11,006.8 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 2201.36. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 95,105.8 + 2201.36 = 97,307.16. As per the conclusion, the population of Santa Fe in 2020 as per estimates = 97,307.16.
Demography of Santa Fe:
Santa Fe city comprises of 82% White, 4% American India, 0.4% Black, 1% Asian, and others make up the rest. The median age is pretty high with 45 years and the sex ratio is 51% females and 49% males.
English is the main language with 65% of the people conversing in it but there is a large number of Spanish speakers as well with more than 30% of people speaking the language.
Population Density and Growth of Santa Fe:
Santa Fe city has a population density of 700 persons per square kilometer. The city over the years has been experiencing population growth but it is not of that ideal number as growth for each year is roughly around the 0.5% mark.
As per estimates, this average is expected to go up shortly with more people settling in the city of Santa Fe.
Facts About Santa Fe:
- The city has this unique title of being the oldest state capital in the United States. Santa Fe was founded in the year 1608 and it was made the capital by 1610.
- The famous canyon road in the city holds a record of having 100 or more galleries within a square mile, which makes it the densest concentration of art galleries on the planet.
- It tops the list in terms of height as compared to all the state capitals in the country. The city is placed 7000 feet above sea level and it means the air is thinner. Also, in case you are new here to this part of the United States, it will take you about 48 hours to adjust and being hydrated will help you.Moreover, having one alcoholic drink in the city is equal to three drinks in some other city.
- The Palace of the Governors is located in the city and it was built in the year 1610. It is the oldest continuously occupied building in the United States and one of the most popular landmarks.
- The weather conditions are pretty good with winters having powder snow that allows for some skiing sessions and snowboarders some fun activity. In the summer the temperatures can be extremely hot and it will require you to be hydrated most of the time.