Virginia Beach is a city placed in the state of Virginia. It happens to be the largest city of the state of Virginia and it is well known to have the status of being a resort city. Every year people from around the United States come here for leisure time to unwind themselves from their daily life and it surely doesn’t disappoint them.
The major attractions are the stunning beaches with its laidback lifestyle, hotels as well as the unique restaurants with lip-smacking seafood on offer for tourists and locals.
Population of Virginia Beach in 2020:
To get hold of the population of Virginia Beach in 2020, the population for the past 5 years needs to be checked. They are as per the following:
- 2015 –452,745
- 2016 – 455,695
- 2017 – 458,595
- 2018 – 461,497
- 2019 – 463,600.4
On checking the population from 2015-19; the population of Virginia Beach has added up by 10,855.4 in the past 5 years. As per average, each year the population increases by 2171.08. Additionally, the population in 2020 is estimated to be 463,600.4 + 2171.08 = 465,771.48. To conclude, the population of Virginia Beach in 2020 as per estimates = 465,771.48.
Demography of Virginia Beach:
67% of the population of Virginia Beach is White, 20% Black, 7% Asian, 1% Native American, and other races make up the rest of the population.
36 years is the median age in Virginia Beach City with a sex ratio of 51% females and 49% males. English is the main language spoken with German and French spoken in large numbers too around Virginia Beach.
Population Density and Growth of Virginia Beach:
Virginia Beach has a population density of 340 persons per square kilometer. As of now, the population growth has been decent and moderately adding up people to its current population every year. The rate of growth is estimated to jump upwards in the coming years as more people settle in here as per estimates.
Facts About Virginia Beach:
- Virginia Beach comprises of a total of three beaches with all of them having their charm. The Resort Beach is where visitors come for having fun and buzzing nightlife. Sand Bridge Beach consists of amazing rental properties located over here as well as some nature too.Lastly, the Chesapeake Bay Beach is more towards the laid back side with more number of locals and some bar spots near the waterside of the beach.
- There are several fascinating hotels which attract tourists but the main thing that catches the eye of the people coming here are of campsites. Yes, there are numerous camping spots within the city and it can give you the vibe of having an endless adventure journey within the United States.In case you plan to visit the city of Virginia Beach, head out for some camping fun with your friends and family.
- The Military Aviation Museum in the city consists of various airplanes of the British, French, and the German which flew during the time of World War 1 and 2. These airplanes are still in flying condition and numerous times in a year they are showcased in front of the public during shows.
- The Adventure Park of Virginia Beach is one roller coaster ride as it has a lot of fun activities for you. Whether you want to zipline between the trees, hop around bridges, or any other adventurous activity, it has a lot for you
- Town Center is one of the happening places in the city as it comprises many different restaurants from all over the world and endless shops for people who love shopping.