It is said that this place has been inhabited by humans since 3000 BC and slowly by 1540 the Europeans arrived here to take control of Wichita.
As a city, it comprises many things, ranging from universities, museums, parks, theaters and many more.
Very few people know that this is the place where the famous Pizza Hut originated. Today, the franchise restaurant is ruling the world with its lip-smacking pizza but it all came in from here.
Population of Wichita in 2020:
To find out the population of Wichita in 2020, the population figures for the last 5 years need to be checked. They are as follows:
- 2015 –389,965
- 2016 – 391,483
- 2017 – 393,003
- 2018 – 394,523
- 2019 – 395,745
After going through the data figures from 2015-19; it is evident that the population of Wichita has increased by 5780 in the past 5 years. In terms of average, every year the population increases by 1156. Additionally, the population in 2020 is expected to be 395,745 + 1156 = 396,901. To conclude, the population of Wichita in 2020 as per estimates = 396,901.
Demography of Wichita:
75% are White, 12% Black, 6% Asian, Native American 1%, and others make up the rest of the numbers. The median age in Wichita is 34 years with a sex ratio of 50.5% females and 49.5% males. 83% of the population speaks English, while the other rest speaks Spanish, French, and various other languages in the city.
Population Density and Growth of Wichita:
Wichita city has a population density of 900 persons per square kilometer. The population growth for the city in its past was quite strong but slowly the rate of growth declined since the year 2010. But, the population has been growing nevertheless, even with a slower pace of growth.
Estimates suggest that the city might not be growing at a high pace but it is continuously adding more people into the city and this will continue in the years to come.
Facts About Wichita:
- The cattle industry made the city of Wichita quite popular. During the year 1887, it had the stature of being the fastest growing city in the country.
- Vera Miles, the famous actress was qualified to be the lead in the movie, Wichita in 1955. She was a former Miss Kansas and had spent much of her childhood here. While in her teenage years, she studied in North High School and worked simultaneously at Western Union.
- Dana Warren, a local of Wichita holds a unique Guinness World Record for making the largest stitched Teddy Bear in the whole world in 2018. It was about 55 feet and 4 inches in terms of length. This is some effort and certainly worthy of being a holder of the Guinness World Records.
- The keeper of the plains is one famous attraction in the city as numerous people come here to check this impressive statue. It is about 44 feet in terms of height and weighs about five tons.
- The Sedgwick county zoo in the city is a famous place to be and it is mostly flooded throughout the weekends. The zoo started being operational from the year 1971 and became instantly a hit with above 2500 animals. Currently, the zoo gets in around 650,000 visitors per year and admission costs roughly around $16 and for kids, the cost is almost $12.It is a must-visit place once you are in the city of Wichita.